Yesterday – as probably none of you were aware – was Diary of a House Elf’s one-month-iversary. I have to say, I couldn’t be happier with how the month has gone. I’m still finding my groove and hoping to round out my blog with additional content/interests, but such is the way of life… a new adventure forever on the horizon.
A few days ago, I was happy to discover that vintageteens nominated me for the Liebster blog award. Hers is a lovely blog, full of fashion and fun and I couldn’t be more grateful. Thank you!! Now, I hope I’m not a massive disappointment in the follow-through department, but I am going to need to tweak the rules a little….
The rules are as follows… The person nominated must answer 11 questions given by the person who nominated them AND tell 11 random facts about yourself. Then, nominate 11 blogs with under 200 followers and ask them 11 questions of your own.
My problem is that many of the blogs I read have 200+ followers. I’ve been hunting on and off since being nominated and I know I’m missing a bunch of great people, but I only have five nominations. I had six when I woke up this morning, but after a quick re-peek at everyone’s blog to check their numbers, I discovered that Ad-libb3 went and got himself Freshly Pressed the other day and now his numbers are north of 200. So inconsiderate. (Congrats, Ad-libb3! You deserve it!) Also, one of the blogs I’m nominating might quite possibly have more than 200, but it’s not showing on her fabulous photography blog, so I’m going for it anyway.
My solution is to substitute the number 5 for every 11. It’s all I’ve got. Let’s hit it…
- I’m vegetarian.
- If I lived in Europe, I’d probably be religious. Just to hang out in their churches. Deep, right?
- I over-think.
- I have a possible Vitamin Water addiction.
- Any time the word “hipster” is used, a little piece of me dies. Baa.
QUESTIONS from vintageteens…
- What is your favorite movie? Pride & Prejudice (I am not your average romantic, but every time he says, “You have bewitched me, body and soul,” I swoon inside. True story.)
- What is your dream vacation? The backpacking/Eurail pass adventure Glenn & I will take when he retires. (We were so busy saving money for a house when we were young, the thought never crossed our minds.)
- I wish I knew… better when to be strong and stand my ground and when to let the tides wash over me. It’s a balance I’m working on.
- Favorite memory? Aside from every single memory with Glenn, the kids & my family growing up, I’d have to say the memory of cruising the U-District with my best friend, Wendy, in her dad’s one-week-old Jaguar – top down (the car, you pervs!), “Born to be Wild” blaring. Yep. That was pretty fantastic.
- What motivates you to keep going when you are feeling crappy? After a lifetime pruning negativity, this barely happens any more, BUT when it does, I usually call Glenn or text Chloe. Either of those is guaranteed effective.
My questions for my nominees…
- Who/what do you want to be “when you grow up”? (I want to be Betty White, so don’t even think about it.)
- What one thing would make your life better?
- What one quote best resonates with you?
- What one living person – that you don’t know personally – inspires you?
- If you could spend one entire day how you wanted, what would you do?
And, to the nominees, I’ve just realized I’m robbing you of fame and glory by being so lame. Please please please feel free to change the 5 to 11 – perhaps visit vintageteens and finish answering her questions. They were awesome. Also, if I’ve missed you and you would have qualified, I’m sorry. I’m mostly only human. AND, I’m pre-coffee here. Cut me some slack, Jack. I love you all. Well, most of you. 😉
This was fun. Let’s do it again some time. Perhaps next time, after coffee. Have a fabulous day, lieblings!
p.s. Time is running out on my giveaway! Be sure to take a peek if you haven’t already!